Requests and Orders

There are certain University authorities who have the right, in their official capacity, to make requests, and give orders, or direct the action of other members of the University. This authority is granted to support the safety and administrative function of the University. Students must immediately and fully comply with the directives of University officials exercising their assigned duties. 

If a student disagrees with the directive(s) of a University authority, they have the right to appeal to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, or their designee; or to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Housing and Residence Life, or their designee if the directive was issued by a campus residence hall staff member. The University authority’s action(s) will be reviewed, but the student must comply with the directive at the time of review.